Friday, April 24, 2009

Psychedelic Chain & Cross

Thanks Marlene for the suggestion of using fusible web and sticking on a piece of shoe fabric to the middle block. This works for me and the block looks more complete than the one below.

I had this psychedelic shoe fabric that I wanted to use and thought that this just might work in this block for the corner squares. The shoes would have been too chopped up in the strip portion of the block. Once I got the block finished I wished I had cut out a shoe from the shoe fabric for the small centre block, but too late and I wasn't about to rip everything out just for one little block. I followed the instructions from the web site but I had problems with the long narrow strips stretching some even though I did starch the fabric. Still a fairly easy block to piece despite the stretching.

3 comments:

hetty said...

Nice! Love that shoe fabric!

Unknown said...

What a happy block this is!!! I love that shoe fabric too.

Do you have any fusible webbing...you'd could just fake applique a single shoe to the middle...just a thought.

Donna said...

yup, the fused shoe really does tie the whole thing together... way to go!