Saturday, April 25, 2009

late, but done!



Last week's Friday Block Challenge was just not catching my imagination... Other things in life seemed to push getting to it aside, and this morning when I decided I needed to catch up, it still left me "blah". So I changed the plan :-)

Last week's block was supposed to be "Dakota Gold". The block I made was basically the resulting corner block when you put four "Dakota Gold" blocks together. :-) I left out the "framing" strips, 'cause they were really quite boring to me. And I'm happy. I did something like last week's challenge, I got it done, and its beautiful -- a block I like. Challenge met.

now onto this week's block....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool is that block!!! I really love it.

It always amazes me when you get inspired.

hetty said...

That's nice! I love stars!

Librarynan said...

I made a wall using this block for my SIL after my brother died. I used the fabric from his Hawaiian Shirts - he was a "Water Guy"[ surfing, sailinf, fishing, etc. So the star block just seemed to fit... it was the first post on "Pigs Might Fly". Thanks for the memories...
Nan

Vicki said...

Looks good to me and hey it's not like no one have ever modified blocks before LOL! That's what I love about this group, nothing is rigid and there is no quilt police.