Friday, January 16, 2009

Week 3 -- Rotunda

well, is everyone ready for week 3? Ready or not here it comes :-)

This week's block is rotunda, a 9" block that looks, on brief glance, to be made by adding multiple borders to a centre snowball like block... It'll be a real test of my consistency at sewing 1/4 seams to get the final size that's for sure. There's a total of 40 pieces in this small block, but no point triangles to match up :-)

A brief look also hints at how stunning various colour placements might be -- I'm sure there'll be a bunch of interesting ideas here in the days to come.

We're continuing to add a few new players this week. Everyone, except "sew what" have personal blogs listed on the sidebar. I'd encourage you to take a few minutes and check out what else everyone 's up to -- there's some great ideas and projects out there! :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like fun! I can not wait to get home to sew!!

Marlene

floribunda said...

Fridays are so much fun! Since this is 9" instead of 10" I get to start a different fabric theme...

sewwhat said...

Oh, my goodness, I thought we were making all 10" blocks! I might have to rethink my original plan... maybe wider sashing for 9" blocks?????

Barb in MI