Friday, January 9, 2009
I had a bunch of B&W on my cutting table, so decided to just stick with it and add a solid.... I'm relatively happy with the block itself, the right size, points are OK though not fantastic...
I'm thinking there might be a direction to the B&W print, 'cause couple of the pieces really jump out at me in the picture and just look wrong... Maybe its where the black print was cut, but next week's block I'm going to pay attention to the pattern on the peices as well the piecing of the block!
I also didn't trim threads as I went this week -- something I generally do without really thinking (I was having tension problems and rather than pick out the seam and resew I just sewed over a couple of them...) What a rat's nest! wont be doing that again either... well at least until next time :-)