Friday, January 9, 2009

week #2


I had a bunch of B&W on my cutting table, so decided to just stick with it and add a solid.... I'm relatively happy with the block itself, the right size, points are OK though not fantastic...

I'm thinking there might be a direction to the B&W print, 'cause couple of the pieces really jump out at me in the picture and just look wrong... Maybe its where the black print was cut, but next week's block I'm going to pay attention to the pattern on the peices as well the piecing of the block!

I also didn't trim threads as I went this week -- something I generally do without really thinking (I was having tension problems and rather than pick out the seam and resew I just sewed over a couple of them...) What a rat's nest! wont be doing that again either... well at least until next time :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Total shock when I saw that you made this block. It looks very tame. LOL. All joking aside, the black and white looks good. Isn't it interesting that 2 of the Week 2 blocks, feature a solid black as one of the color choices.

em's scrapbag said...

I really like the black and white contrast. Very nice job.

Vicki said...

I took a detailed look at your block and you are right the print fabric does have a direction to it. It's not really really obvious but it's there. I love the B&W block. I keep seeing B&W themed blocks and quilts and I really like the whole concept.

Unknown said...

I think it's lovely...and would match my Week One Block (Attempt 1)...I may have to send that one to you...

I am sewing today, so I will be posting later on.

Marlene