Friday, January 9, 2009

Brenda's Block #2

I'm not a huge fan of half square triangles, and even less of the hourglass block, but these worked out not too badly. I followed the directions on drawing the lines on the 2 7/8 inch strip, and trimmed the squares with my 2.5 inch ruler. I though I was being precise, but the unfinished block measures 10 3/4 inches instead of 10 1/2. But I'm OK with that, and figure its not too bad for a first attempt in this block party. I used a marbled fabric with a black solid and I'm liking the results. Thanks Pixie for hosting this party. I'm going to join in when I can.

2 comments:

Donna said...

love the background fabric you chose Brenda -- lots and lots of movement... reminds me of an oil slick :-)

Anonymous said...

Please keep coming back. I like the marbles, and what a high contrast with the black.