Friday, January 7, 2011

Week 1 - Something New

Friday Block Party News
It's the start of another year for our Party. We are going to try something different this year. A newcomer to our party, June, has offered to post a block every other week or so. Her first block should appear shortly. I think you will like it.
If anyone else wants to post a block occasionally or suggest one they would like to do, just let me know.
I finished the block for week 1, Marion's Choice. So I am still caught up. LOL
I used some scraps that were sitting beside my machine. Think I will turn my 10-inch blocks into a baby quilt this year.




2 comments:

Jeanne said...

And we're off and running on another year :)
I think I'll do the 10" pieced ones in 1800s repros, and then do all the picture/animal ones in 1930s repros. So that's be two "organized" projects to develop ... can't wait to see what else we're going to do here! I need to do a black and white quilt toward the end of the year, so maybe if we get 12-inch blocks for some of the weeks, I'll assign them to my black-and-white project.
My brain is buzzing with ideas. This is going to be fun!
Jeanne

June D said...

Hetty -

Thank you so much for organizing this weekly challenge and being so welcoming.

Your colors will make a really nice quilt..

: )
June