Admiral Lord Nelson didn't always have an easy time of his victories, and neither did I with this block. Having enough of that perfect "blood red" eluded me, so I made-do by using up some very tiny scraps. Not too bad, I think - the photo isn't very straight... it was/ is pretty windy today. All together an easy, clean-looking block. Could make a nice mannish quilt.
Next was the "Double Quartet" from three weeks ago; when I was in Palm Desert with my Dad. What did I learn from this block? Well, I learned NOT to sew when you are mad at somebody... you just mess up and have to re-do your block! I really liked the reddish chinz flower print that I used for the pinwheel, and the middle-green print in the corners is one of my very favorite colors ever... so I wasn't going to let this one go! Second go it came out a bit straighter, and I'm not as PO'd as I was earlier in the day. I guess some solitude was in order. (But it is still wonky!)
This last one is "Castles in the Air" from several weeks ago. When I took the photo for the FBP blog, I discovered that I had rotated two of the outside blues and needed to go play with "Jack" (yeah, thanks... "Jack the Ripper") for a bit. This block just had to be right as it will be one of the pillows that I'm making for my brother's children (out of his trademark Hawaiian Shirt Fabrics). His birthday would have been on the 27th - actually it still is, he's just not here to celebrate it with us , and I wanted to have the pillows finished for this year's birthday. I need to get a quiltin' on those puppies! This one came out well, I think.
Now I've only got 26 more FBPs to catch up with... I can do this!!!