Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rally 'Round the Frog, Boys!

Since this is a nine-inch block, I decided to go with the Juvenile Fabrics and the Froggy theme that I had going on "back in the day". When I do the make-up blocks, I think I'll stick with the frogs for the small blcks and make a Valley of the Moon Quilt with them. Some child will like it, and I'll have improved my skills by making the sampler blocks in very bright colors... NOT my usual palette!

I really like the way the little frog faces show up, but if I was doing a whole froggie quilt I'd have to fussycut to get more frogs!

This is definitely a "Pay Attention" block because of the color placement - I got real familiar with my seam ripper on this one... guess I was too used to making multiples of a piece and then putting them all together! Watch out for the corners where you add the light fabric to the HSTs... you make two going in each direction to get the nifty big crossover shapes.

3 comments:

Donna said...

thanks for the heads up about those corners... :-) I really like how your bright fabrics are worked up in this pattern...

hetty said...

I love your bright colours! Thanks for the advice. It is always nice when someone else makes the block first and points out the things to watch out for.

Carol E. said...

I see giraffes in there! Cute!