...as in what a zaney way to construct this block.
The block drove me crazy trying to keep the little triangles in the right positions. If I had analyzed it a bit better before I started, I would have realized there is a mirror image thing going on and saved my sanity trying to assemble the durn thing. But I did like the sample top shown in the directions and decided to make several of this block for a small wallhanging. Nine blocks, actually, out of homespun no less. Yes, I'm an idiot.
By the time I got 7 done I knew I would run out of the green background stuff. I sewed all the little scraps together but still ran short. I had to substitute another fabric for the last few triangles but the top has such a hodge podge look, it really doesn't matter. Very old timey and rustic, I think. Just the right look to hang in the Barn.