Sunday, June 28, 2009

This block should be called Maddening Cross


First I ended up cutting several of the pieces of fabric several times over because for what ever reason my mind wasn't paying attention and I cut the squares too small - ARG!!!! I had my HSTs finished, the block was all laid out, and it was correct. But as I picked up the pieces, I managed to flip some of them and sew them wrong. So out came the seam ripper several times but I finally got the darn thing done. It does look good in my fabrics that I'm doing all my 10" blocks in, but after all that I decided that was enough sewing for one day. I think I'll just go and read a quilting magazine and relax for the rest of the day. I hope the rest of you have better luck.

4 comments:

floribunda... aka Julie said...

love your fabrics, and I understand completely your adventures in putting this together -- because I had the same experience!

Kathryn said...

The effort was worth it because the block came out very nice. I love those color choices and look forward to seeing all your 10 inchers put together.

Julie in the Barn said...

This block really works well using batiks. Your quilt using all those blocks is going to be yummy. I sure know what you mean about keeping those triangle pieces going the right way! Just imagine ripping out seams on homespun!!! Arrggg. It only took once to teach me a lesson.

jan said...

Oh my, am not looking forward now to making this, sounds like trouble is a brewing up....Jan