Saturday, May 23, 2009

Floribunda's Friday

I forgot to look to see what size the block was before I started, since I've been increasing all the 8" ones to 12" -- so this one got a little border to make it the right size. I like this one -- the gold fabric is one of my very oldest and I'm happy to see that it's almost gone now...
This block seems a bit odd to me -- I had trouble with the pattern because I reversed the lights and darks and therefore had to keep "translating" to figure out where everything went. The fabric with the crows is also an oldie. This is definitely lacking "punch", I think!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Your pinwheel block has a bit of a fall feel to it.

I like the crow fabric very much but it kind of gets lost amongst the other fabrics. I'm not sure what would have been a better choice to make it work.