Saturday, April 4, 2009

Floribunda catches up

I fell behind last week, but now I'm back -- here's my Queen's X, in batiks again. Nice and easy...And this week's Cathy's Star, which took way too much concentration to keep the colors in the right places! It didn't help that I printed out the pattern in black & white so I had to keep guessing at the instructions (I did eventually make some notes about which color was which) Anyway, it's definitely not perfect construction but I kind of like the concept. Judy Martin has a lot of patterns on this theme in her "Knockout Blocks" book.

5 comments:

hetty said...

It turned out great! I really do love that block, eventhough I also found it challenging to keep the colours sorted out. I'll have to check out Judy Martin's book.

Living on the Spit said...

Your block really has an amish feel to it and I just heart amish quilts.

I love them both!!!

Vicki said...

I agree wtih Marlene in that it does have that Amish feel to it. I love the mint green fabric with the subtle oak print on it.

Carol E. said...

It's lovely!

Quilt Pixie said...

wow. Great job of catching up :-)