Sunday, February 8, 2009

Heather - Week 6

Today's exercise in cussing was brought to me by Patch as Patch Can. Or can't in my case. I thought I'd take everyone's advice and paper piece this. I figured I'd fly right through this. The fabrics are left overs from a quilt I'm working on where the green is the sashing and the cream is the background. No problem, right?

I don't know if I'm just a quilting idiot today or what. I put this block together wrong in more ways that I'd have thought possible. I noticed when I finished it this time that the last two seams are way crooked. If I hadn't already picked out multiple tiny paper pieced seams today I'd have fixed those. But for now they can stay and I'll fix it when I get around to using this block in a quilt.

week6.jpg

6 comments:

Vicki said...

It seems that most of us have had our challenges with this block. Interesting that even paper piecing still presents challenges. I like your fabric selection, nice contract between the forest green and white.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I didn't attempt this block!

hetty said...

No, you are not a quilting idiot! I felt the same way. This block was a real challenge! Did you draw up the paper pattern yourself or did you do it using EQ6 or something similar? I like your fabrics.

Unknown said...

I think it looks marvelous.

Anonymous said...

I sketched out the pattern myself. I divided each quarter of the block across the diagonal. My first problem was color placement because I thought the sides were mirror images but they aren't.

em's scrapbag said...

I had to keep the picture right in front of me to make sure I was placing everything in the right place. I still had to unpick one triagle.
I really like your fabrics.