Monday, February 16, 2009

argggggggg


hours and hours later, I have to rip out! I feel like I've made so many of these pieces so many times... I had real problems believing I'd made some "right" the first time, so made some more, only to realize they were the same, and I was trying to put them in the wrong way round.... one thing after another after another.

Now, I got the points nice and pointy, only to realize I'd lined up the wrong side of the two pieces and the centre of the block is on the outside edge! duh.

I'm glad I've got a couple of days of work, 'cause at the rate I'm going its going to take a few more hours to get this one together....

While my points and alignment aren't everything I might want, given that I'm working at the pattern size (8") I'm happy enough... not only are the pieces tiny, the flipping pieces on corners, then aligning that with a HST beside it leaves no room for error on the seam -- even a tread or two shows up so quickly...

I'm for renaming this block a word with a lot of star characters (*) in it in keeping with its current name of "lucky star"....

4 comments:

Vicki said...

I'm with you Donna in renaming this block and Lucky isn't part of the new name.

Julie in the Barn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie in the Barn said...

It's "Sucky Star". And sucky instructions, too. I think the way they are written is confusing.

Living on the Spit said...

LMAO...ya'll are so funny.