Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Valley


Trying to do something different than directed in a pattern isn't always the best idea ... I re-discovered that in doing this block. I thought the HSTs in the center would look too choppy, so I put in a solid background square hoping to avoid the "lumpy-bumpy" look. Didn't work. The lumpy part didn't happen, but I lost my points! Rats!
I think one of you ladies said that improving HST making was a goal, and I'll second that sentiment. I'm going upstairs to do the "Killer Patch" now. I didn't get that one finished yet (even though it is the current one) because I can see the "ten acre field" fom my sewing room window. That is I can see the field when all the packing boxes allow me to actually see outside - and Friday morning the field was full of ELK! Wow, what a rush! I kind of forgot about sewing as I watched them for about half an hour... then I had an appointment, so off I went - no sewing. Who said "you will have lots of time when you retire?" They had no idea... I wonder how I ever had time for my students, and Mom stuff, and quilting.
Maybe after I get settled and am able to actually find things that I know I brought with me (like my big green cutting board - it has to be in a big box... too big to be in one of the smaller fabric boxes!) I will have time for al that storied "relaxing". I rather doubt it.
Thanks for making me feel welcome.

4 comments:

Carol E. said...

I'd love to be distracted by a herd of elk. That sounds heavenly. Better than being at work any day. I get to retire in 4 years, but who's counting?

Donna said...

I doubt I'll have "spare time" in retirement either -- but I'm willing to take the chance! :-)

Your block turned out well -- and I don't know about others but triangle points is part of my goals with this block party... sigh. Why would I set such a silly goal?....

Vicki said...

WOW to be in a place where elk come so close, how cool is that. Please enjoy some retirement for us worker bees. Nice work on your blocka and I like your dragonfly fabric.

Unknown said...

Your block is absolutely lovely. I really like the colors you picked out.