Saturday, January 3, 2009


So here's my block from Friday's block party -- "Broken Dish Variation" from over at Quilter's Cache...

Overall I'm fairly happy with it the problem with my precision this time was I was attending to getting the points pointy so carefully I forgot to attend to the direction of some of the patterned squares! Arg. I am taking this as a learning though, not back tracking and trying to fix it, and calling this week's challenge done. :-)

I also need to check out how I'm measuring a 1/4 inch seam... I trimmed each subunit carefully, and still have a block that finished at 10.75". Since this is supposed to be a 10" block I have an extra 0.25 inches somehow...

On the upside the block is beautiful and square & the points are pointy. I used some brown fabric from my collection -- I never use brown! and found I rather like it with the purple... I'll have tuck that idea away for another time too. And it was only 2 hours of my life :-)

No comments: