Friday, September 9, 2011

Week 34

I thought we should try a paper pieced block for a change.
I know that many quilters are afraid of paper piecing, but it is simple once you have done a few.

This one is really easy.
It's called 'Economy'  And is a 7inch block.

Correction:  This block does not print out to 7 inches.  The little square that is supposed to measure 1 inch, only measures 7/8 of an inch.  Maybe your computers and printers are different.  I would advise anyone trying to make this block to check the size first. 

1 comment:

Librarynan said...

I'm one of the folks who has an aversion to paper piecing, Hetty, so this will be a good "into" project. (teacher-speak for starting out, then comed 'through', the perfecting technique part) Later I may be able to complete one of my favorite, but most intimidating, blocks "Pineapple" (that is the "beyond"). Thanks again, and I'm on board this year, Hetty (and J!)