Thursday, March 31, 2011

Kathie L's Honey Bee - Week 13


You might think my Honey Bee is only half done, but it's as done as it's going to get. I think the orange that I picked for the corner petals is kind of overpowering compared to the lilac 9 patch, so I think that just two corners is the right balance. I'm not a big fan of doing applique, but this wasn't a hard shape to do, so even a beginner like me felt comfortable. Thanks for making me get out of my comfort zone, Hetty. Kathie L in Allentown

2 comments:

hetty said...

Your block looks great! Your applique looks fantastic - not like a beginner who is not a fan of applique. The purpose of this Party is to try new things. No quilt police here! You did good, Kathie.

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

I like the color combos. You did a great job!