Friday, February 25, 2011

Kathie's Scottie Dog - Week 9


I was hoping that this block would be one of the animals that we'd do this year. I had the perfect dark blue fabric with some white squiggles that give it that rough fur sort of look. You'll see that rather than sew a lot of 2-1/2 inch squares together, if similar colors were together, like the body of the dog and parts of the background, I just cut out one piece the size of the many pieced squares. I hate having more seams than I need. Kathie L in Allentown

3 comments:

hetty said...

Very cute! I like the idea of using larger units when possible. It makes for a lot less sewing.

Jeanne said...

I'm going to do mine with the bigger sections, too.
Jeanne

June Dodge said...

Very cute little dog. Nice 'fur' fabric and great idea to have bigger sections!