Friday, February 25, 2011

Kathie's Scottie Dog - Week 9


I was hoping that this block would be one of the animals that we'd do this year. I had the perfect dark blue fabric with some white squiggles that give it that rough fur sort of look. You'll see that rather than sew a lot of 2-1/2 inch squares together, if similar colors were together, like the body of the dog and parts of the background, I just cut out one piece the size of the many pieced squares. I hate having more seams than I need. Kathie L in Allentown

3 comments:

hetty said...

Very cute! I like the idea of using larger units when possible. It makes for a lot less sewing.

Jeanne said...

I'm going to do mine with the bigger sections, too.
Jeanne

June D said...

Very cute little dog. Nice 'fur' fabric and great idea to have bigger sections!