Saturday, October 30, 2010

I'm on a roll!

After breaking thru my inertia to do a couple months old block, yesterday I managed to make the actual block for the actual week we are in!

The not-green fabric is actually a christmas print. A coyotes & cactus christmas print.  I choose the green because it was the most christmas-y colored, reads-as-solid fabric closest to hand that was not reflected in the pile of scraps I was pulling from.  I knew it would be busy, but thought it could still be crisp.

The block is a piece of cake.  I don't think it took me 30 minutes, working from oddly shaped scraps that I cut down quick & put together.  I am not crazy about the dominating green.  It is hard to see in this picture, but this is a BIG block & that is A LOT of green).  I will make this again in more blended fabrics, for sure.

1 comment:

hetty said...

Interesting Christmas fabric! Somehow I have never thought about coyotes and cactus as Christmas related. I like the polka dots on the green.