Monday, January 25, 2010

Patchwork Jenn's Odds and Ends 2

Here is my denim/khaki one.  I made it 12 inches.  If you want to do that, the strips are 2 by 6.5 sewn together.  Then the corners are 2 by 16 sewn together then cut into 2 inches. Then the squares are 3.5 by 3.5 and then make half triangles that size.  It involves math which I didn't do. I made my squares bigger and then sewed them, cut them and ironed them and cut to match.  LOL!  Yeah I know, cheating but it works. ;)

Hope that helps somebody else who wants a 12 inch block.





And here are all 4 of my squares.  I cut off part of them in the picture but you get the idea.

4 comments:

hetty said...

Your blocks look great together! Still can't figure out how you are able to use that heavy demin fabric, but it seems to work - fantastically!

Brenda said...

looks good. but ditto on hetty's comment -- good for you for using up stuff, but its got to be tough going.

Pat said...

Wpw! Now those are my kind of blocks. So traditional looking to me. Love the fabrics and colors. Great!

Jeanne said...

Glad to have you working along with us Jenn! The soft blues and khakis you're using will make a nice quilt. But those heavy fabrics must be tough to work with!!! Is this your first quilt, or did you just choose to recycle old clothing? Looking forward to next week's block.
Jeanne :)