Friday, December 4, 2009

HOORAY - I AM UP TO DATE

I have been steaming away at my sewing machine this week, and it has paid off, because I am right up to date with all the blocks now, I just have to make the one that was loaded today. To say I have a BIG smile on my face is putting it mildly!!!!
Wyoming Valley - week 5



Cathy's Star - Week 14



Flyfoot - Week 18



Northumberland Star - Week 33



Hope of Hartford - Week 37



Castle in the Air - Week 35
I have no idea how I got it back to front



Fool's Square - Week 39



Double Quartet - Week 36



Nelson's Victory - Week 38



Mosaic 3 - Week 32



Blindman's Fancy - Week 43
This one drove me half nuts, what on earth is 11/16 all about cos it didn't fit for me!
I will give it a good press and hopefully it will lay flat, darn thing...



Game Cocks - Week 44



Flight of Swallows - Week 41
Yep I know the colours are not as the block on site, but my birds are
entirely surrounded by sky - that's my story and I am sticking to it!!!



Carolyn's Star - Week 46
This one and the other similar one are very pretty BUT -
never again...



That's my Baby - Week 47



Album Star - Week 40
I really like this block may use it again...



Cross in a Cross - Week 45



Baton Rouge Square - Week 42



Indian Square - Week 48
another really good block, proves that to KISS is the thing to do...



So there we are ladies, I am all up to date, bar today's block.
YIPPEE
****************************

7 comments:

Rosa-Munda said...

Yikes Jan, Have you slept this week at all! They are great!! Ros

Kathryn said...

What a week you've had!! Sprinting to the finish line.

Librarynan said...

WOW, Jan! Not only are they all done, but very nicely done as well... I really like your nice light colors. I'd better get moving if I want to finish the rest of mine in three weeks time!
Cheers!

jan said...

Hi Ros,
I got an hour or two in ;-)

Kathryn,
like the rain, determination set in....

Hey Librarynan,
If I can do it.....go for it, all I will say is the strips being cut first helped enormously, plus having a few of 6" for the bigger bits occasionally needed.

Carol E. said...

Wow! Big congratulations on getting so much done all at once! I am very impressed, and they are beautiful.

Brenda said...

wow! impressive!

hetty said...

Your blocks look great! I can understand the ones that drove you nuts. They did the same to me! I love this little parade of blocks! Good for you for sticking with it. I have been absent for a few days. My computer was in the shop. But what a nice surprise to see all of your finished blocks when I logged back on!