Thursday, October 1, 2009

Major Catch-up!

September was a busy month, with an out-of-town visitor and two weeks of travel -- so I fell woefully behind. But I'm happy to say that I'm now almost caught up! Here they are in order:

Northumberland Star -- week 33: I hated making this block, and I don't think there's enough value contrast between the red and the brown.
Rally Round -- week 34: I decided that the 9" blocks are now going to be made with Asian fabrics. This one was a pain to make, too, mostly because I did the little triangles wrong the first time -- but I really love the way it came out!
Castle in the Air -- week 35: One of my favorite blocks. Maybe it's the name?
Hope of Hartford -- week 37: I LOVE this block!
Nelson's (spotty) Victory -- week 38: easy to make, but I don't see much potential for it in a scrappy quilt.
Fool's Square -- week 39: I sort of like the "transparency" effect in this one but other than that I think it's sort of clunky...
Now I'm just missing weeks 29 and 36 -- maybe by next weekend I'll be done with all of them.

4 comments:

hetty said...

Beautiful blocks, Julie! Gorgeous colours, interesting fabrics and absolutely perfect points! Well done!

Melissa ;-) said...

Wow! Great blocks! Hard to pick a favorite!

Librarynan said...

Your work is always so inspiring, Julie! Amazing color choices as well, thanks for letting us see them all!

Julie in the Barn said...

Heavens to Betsy, Girl. You've been busy. Your blocks all look so perfect. Nice work.