Monday, September 28, 2009

Another "Dual Duty Block"

Week # 8 was a really pretty 12" star. Just the sort I needed for the pillows I'm making from the Hawaiian Shirt fabric. I think the blue batik adds to the island feel, and like it much better than the light color the pattern called for in the center of the block. Both the Kahala fabrics (the two prints)were super-stretchy, but the FBP triangles are making me much more accurate with my piecing... thanks, QP! I like this one, and I'd do it again.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Very nice Nan. You must have a major stash of Hawaiian shirt fabrics.

Donna said...

I love the movement within the star created by the seashell print and how much red appears in each piece... :-)

hetty said...

It really does have an island feel to it! I think this is one of my favourite blocks and I love the dark colour in the centre! Nice work Nan!

Julie in the Barn said...

Oooo...I really like it.