Here is my block for week 35. I used some of my batiks and I made it following the instructions on the quilter's cache site. I like it, but then I saw Rosa's block. She had set the centre outside units all in the same direction. It created a friendship star block (to me anyway) which I just loved. So I set out to make another block using her setting.
Because of the square within a square in the centre of the block, I thought I would make this one using a fun fabric and fussy cut the centre. I have several other blocks with fussy cut centres, but they are in a 9 inch size. So I made this new block to measure nine inches square. I turned the corner units around because I thought they took away from the friendship star look. I like it. But now I think I have made an entirely different block. And look what happened to my little piggy in the centre. When I sewed the corner squares on, I took off one of his ears.
I quickly needle turned another tiny ear onto the block. Now he looks better. Think I will leave things alone for now - until next week at least. My piglet seems happy in his new block.