Friday, June 26, 2009

Yanking My Chain



I'm sneaking in under the wire this week. I almost missed my self imposed deadline for staying up to date on the weekly blocks.

Despite following the directions exactly (for the first time ever, I might add!) all the nicely matched points and my careful handling of all those stretchy bias edges did not produce a perfect block. As you all can plainly see, it did not come out square nor does it measure 9 & 1/2 inches as it should. I don't know why for sure and I am not willing to rip & re-sew. I am not feeling the love for this block. The finished quilt example on the webpage doesn't make me want to grab my rotary cutter and dive right in so I'll probably never attempt this one again. Dividing a nine inch block into 4 quadrants and then adding in those diagonal seam allowences makes for fuzzy math for me, the arithmatic dork. Give me good old even numbers and I'm much happier.

I see we have several new members. Welcome one & all.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hey Julie I'm with you on the fuzzy math makes for wonky blocks. i had similar problems. I do like you fabric choices.