Friday, May 15, 2009

What a Pinhead, I Mean Pinwheel!

I finished this week's block. I know, I'm quick, but nothing else got done around here today. I kind of like this block. I didn't follow the instructions though, but then, I almost never do! It turned out fine. I had to really watch which way those triangle blocks were facing. One side had to be taken off in order to put the points going in the right direction. I hate it when I have to do that because the fabric tends to stretch a bit and I don't get the nice sharp points.

As I was cutting out the pieces for the centre of the block, I had a 'Duh' moment. (slap up the side of the head) Instead of cutting the four 2 1/2 inch squares, I could just as easily have cut out one 4 1/2 inch square. I might have to make another one of these.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I love the fabrics that you selected for this block. It's a combination I never would have thought to use. I like how the white sets off the blue and dark red fabrics, and the pink is sort of like the icing on the cake.