As the title states my mind was on some other corner when I was doing Hayes Corner. First I managed to scorch one of the HSTs so I had to make another one. With all the quilting I have been doing this past year this has been the first time I have ever managed to scorch fabric. I didn't think I had the iron on it that long. It was rather bizarre.
Then when I was sewing on the black strips to the HSTs I managed to sew one part to the red section and one part to the white section for both HSTs. Then I was looking at the instructions and was wondering why mine looked so different. So out came the seam ripper. For a simple block this one became a lot of work. Still it looks pretty good in B&W with a pop of colour.