Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hetty's Foot is Dancing!

Here is this week's block. I used a whole lot of half square triangle blocks that were in my scrap bin. Only had to make a couple more. That made me very happy.


But there are a couple of things about this block that I don't like. It has nothing to do with the construction of it. It's the way it looks. Also, I decided that I really didn't like the name Flyfoot either. I can't stand to watch flies walking on things. They give me the creeps! But the block sort of looks like ribbons on a May pole. So I have renamed my block Dancing Round the May Pole, since I made it yesterday, May 1st. and I did a little happy dance when I realized I didn't have to make all those half square triangles block from scratch!

4 comments:

Donna said...

looks great in those scrappy pieces :-)

Carol E. said...

I love it scrappy! And love the new name, too.

Kathryn said...

I like the scrappiness of your block. And lucky you, your scrap stash was put to good use. I'll take your name over Flyfoot anyday.

Vicki said...

The scrappy look works great in this block. It actually gives ithe block some depth which it needs.