Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hetty's Star

Here is my version of this week's block. I changed it a little in the bottom right hand corner. I didn't think the yellow star points showed up enough, so I put the dark blue around them. It wasn't exactly a difficult block, (at least not as hard as I thought it would be) but it was time consuming! I really like it though. I might try it again, (when I have time) putting only one star within the large star and leaving the bottom one out all together. I don't know. It might work.


5 comments:

Living on the Spit said...

Your points are just wonderful...and the colors you chose are really fun!

Carol E. said...

Wow! Great job! Looking at that pattern just makes me tired. I should go for it....... maybe with just one inside star. I wouldn't be so exhausted then? Maybe? I made one sort of like this once.. and thought "uffda" it wasn't worth the effort! So.. I'll maybe do this one, and maybe not. I tend to prefer quick and easy.

Carol E. said...

Did you use the starch while making this?

Vicki said...

Great work Hetty and I like your modification. I'll keep that in mind incase my lower star doesn't have enough contrast. Well I guess I should go look at some fabfic and see what I can come up with, I was busy doing some other quilting today.

Quilt Pixie said...

your small stars worked well, good choice to turn the blue on the bottom :-)