I made two versions of this one. First I started with my marbled fabric as a background, found some pink 2 inch squares, and a watercolour-y aqua. It's quite muted, and for some reason, a bit too big.
Then I looked in the two inch strip bin, couldn't find any strips that went together, and so I reached for some of the fabric sent to me by Tonya. I used four different fabrics in blues and greens to contrast with a bright white and I really like how it turned out. It's crisp and clean compared to the muted first one. The other thing I liked about this block is how easy it was to keep it to the right size -- if the next round of strips fit, then all was well. I could see making a whole quilt this way, although I might go fairly scrappy and just play with value.