Here is my block for this week.
But before you go saying anything nice, just be forewarned!
Yup! I cheated! I just couldn't see the 'point' of using 69 pieces of fabric just to end up with an 8 inch block. So I increased everything by 50%. Now I have a 12-inch block that I like. It still took me three hours to complete though. But because this block had a lot of sew and flip pieces in it, it was a good learning tool. I always seem to have trouble getting the points neat and sharp when I use that method. So I used this block to practice that technique on. Instead of just sewing a square diagonally across the corner of a piece, I drew a line on the back of the fabric where the seam was to go. I used an ordinary ruler and a pencil. I used a larger square of fabric and trimmed the piece after sewing. It worked! But it was a lot of work and I still don't like the sew and flip pieces!