Sunday, February 22, 2009

Morning Star 2 - A Leap of Faith

I took a leap of faith this week and I actually cut all the pieces exactly to size instead of making them larger and them trimming them down to size after making the various components. I'm pretty close to the 12 1/2" block size so I must say all the practice really has paid off. It still is a bit challenging sewing on the diagonal without stretching the fabric or have it go a bit wonky, but I'm sure that will also get better over time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...what a great block screams "come on Spring"! Several of these together would make a gorgeous tabe runner for the Spring!

You are doing a fabulous job and I do believe we are all making great progress through this weekly get together.

Carol E. said...

That is a gorgeous block! Looks perfect, too! WTG!

Donna said...

your block is so welcoming... like Marlene said -- very springish :-)

I've been surprised at how the practise adds up, even though its always in small spurts and on different blocks. Maybe by year end I'll be doing a block and not shaking my head at a "liberty" that I've incorporated :-)