Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm renaming this block to "Beauty & The Beast"

.... because it is a beautiful block but it is a beast to make. I didn't have as many problems with the stretching thanks to the advice from others, but I had to rip out several pieces because I had sewn them backwards. Then when I put the big triangles on I lost quite a few points. I think Rebecca has the right idea with this one and that is to paper piece it. I may give it a try at some point since I really would like to learn paper piecing and I like this design. It will have to wait though since I've got to get back to my other projects.

7 comments:

Living on the Spit said...

Beautiful colors and fabrics!!! Great job.

Quilt Pixie said...

great renaming -- it was a real beast, but is beautiful...

hetty said...

Love the new name! Perfect for such a beautiful, beastly block! I tried to paper piece it this afternoon. I have not finished it yet, but I can tell you that it is worse than the original one I made. I was busy for quite a number of hours! If you are going to learn paper piecing, I would not recommend this block to start with. Also, I had to draw the pattern in reverse and backwards (mirror image, sort of) in order to get it to come out as it is pictured in the original pattern. That was very challenging.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love your fabrics.

Carol E. said...

That comment that is Anonymous is mine. I don't know what happened. It bounced funny, and I guess my click went to the wrong box.

em's scrapbag said...

Great rename and your block turned out beautiful. I love the fabrics you used.

Rosaline said...

Your fabric choices work so well together. Great job on the piecing.