Saturday, February 14, 2009

Heather - Week 7

I went off on my own tangent with this one. I sketched out the pattern and then made it my own way without looking at the directions. The first glimpse of an 8 x 8 grid with the saying, "Makes an 8 inch block" nearly stopped my heart so I figured it was best not to read on.

I used bigger squares of fabric whenever possible and added triangles to the corners. Those aren't always the right size to make it turn out perfect but by the time I figured that out I was pretty far along. After last week's quality seam ripper time I was content to let it be. It isn't really as wonky as in the picture. I must have been taking it from a weird angle.

week7.jpg

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This block is so cute!! It think it is bright and sunny and screams, "Happy"!!!!

floribunda said...

I love those colors! And I was thinking about enlarging the pattern to make a 12" block, too...

Vicki said...

I like your improvisation and the colours really work well.

Julie in the Barn said...

I really like it, Heather. Good job figuring out your own method. This project sure has taught us all a lot so far. I'm learning from what everyone else does, too.