Monday, February 2, 2009

finally


Took a while to get this block right.... When I first put it together one of the "v" shapes was pointing away from the centre - fine, rip out the seam, turn it around sew it on... only to realize the corners were then wrong! I'd assembled the whole strip incorrectly with the V and the corners in opposite directions. Sigh. Rip out a few more seams and try again...

All in all I like the block. Points aren't quite as lined up as I'd like, but that's OK. Wouldn't make a bunch of these as I found it very fiddly, but it is pretty. :-)

4 comments:

Vicki said...

It turned out very nice. The colours do remind me of the summer time beside a lovely lake. Oh to be there now instead of knee deep in snow. The points are great, remember there is no quilt police here LOL.

maggi said...

I love the colours in this. Just a tip, I put the whole thing on my design wall (posh name for a piece of fleece hanging in my sewing room) and then take the pieces off as I need to sew them. Takes a little bit longer but it means not having to do any ripping out.

Julie in the Barn said...

Like Maggi, I lay all the pieces out beside my machine first. That didn't keep me from sewing those rectangles wrong, though. This is a really nice block but I sure had trouble sewing it. Yours turned out very nice. I think your points look perfect.

hetty said...

That turned out great! The points look fine to me and I like the fabrics you used. Very nice indeed!