Friday, January 30, 2009

week #5


wow, a whole month is gone... Seems like people are having some fun with these blocks, changing the colour plan and layout to suit themselves. I'm so glad.

This week's block made me groan when I followed the link, but take heart, its a 12" block, so while there's lots of pieces, they also have some space to fit into.... The block is Wyoming Valley -- not all that meaningful a name for those of us from outside the USA, but whatever....

I will master HST by the end of this year -- or have enough practise I have no excuses!

looking forward to seeing how everyone does with this one...

1 comment:

floribunda said...

oh boy! a new block size and therefore a new fabric theme for me! I'm wondering if this block should be done with a square-in-square in the middle instead of four HSTs since there would be fewer seams to worry about ... but maybe I'll just follow the directions!