Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's Hetty's Fault

I loved her idea of making bright blocks from kid type fabric. So I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I have a new grandson due in May and a 2 yo grandaughter. I gave her a quilt when she was born and I'm already quilting on one I've made for my grandboy. But grandaughter could probably use a new one by next year, I have several large scraps of the kitty fabric and co-ordinating doggies as well. I have about 2 yards of the green bubble fabric. So I think I have enough to use in future 9" blocks and make a child"s quilt. Please ignore the threads all over my design wall fleece. My floor is even worse!

6 comments:

Donna said...

the colours you've chosen compliment your focus fabric wonderfully... and a wonderful quilt plan :-)

Vicki said...

The kitties are cute and the coordinating paw prints are great. This will be a fun kids quilt.

Unknown said...

She will really love this wonderful gift...I can not wait for grands!!

Marlene

hetty said...

Wow! I made you do that? It looks great! Glad I could be of help. :-)

em's scrapbag said...

What a cute block. Don't worry about the threads. Dont you know quilters come with strings attached?

Maggi said...

Lovely block and great idea for quilt