I'm glad this was another 10" block. I totally ignored the construction directions and just fell back on the usual method I use for HST. I cut strips and use my Easy Angle. The hourglass blocks went okay but I did use spray starch to stablize that homespun. That stuff really tends to go wonky! And then I decided to add a bit of the brown as a 3rd fabric just to keep some continuity if I end up making a top from these squares. This block turned out a tad under size so I need to work on my "scant" 1/4" a bit more. I like my first two blocks together and will continue using the plaids & homespuns even though they are difficult when using small pieces.